Saturday, October 18, 2008

Name Dropping 101: Alexz Johnson, Goot, & more


>>Remember how I was talking about Alexz Johnson & Tyler Kyte a while back? Well, in case you don't remember, I mentioned how they were on the show Instant Star together. Another very talented singer, Cory Lee, was also on that show [she played Karma]. I love her voice. "No Shoes No Shirt" is probably my favorite song by her that isn't from the show. It's got an upbeat sound with a killer beat. It's a really fun song to listen to. From the show, I'm obsessed with "Ghost of Mine". It's more of a techno - y song, but in a really good way. It's a song that gets stuck in your head, but that isn't a bad thing in this case. She's got an amazing voice, and she can act. Amazing much? Check out her songs on her MySpace, or her acting skills on Instant Star. Either way, I'm sure you'll be impressed.


>>I Love Goot. End of Story. Goot is actually Alex Goot, and his voice / lyrics combo makes me smile bright. Yeah, it takes a lot to make me talk this strangely. "Geo" is an amazing song. It's so soft, and you can just feel the emotion when you listen to it; It pulls at your heartstrings [sound-wise, & lyrically]. Check this out:
"For the longest time, i believed you were right. I would live my life, with a logical mind. When i reach my goals, i dont wanna be stuck. I'm thinking about success and what it's supposed to be next. I'd love to learn what i should do, to be as happy as you."

Seriously; He's amazinggggggg. His cover of "Everytime We Touch" is incredible. It's soft, and piano filled :] It's performed so well, it almost makes you want to cry. Well, maybe that's just me. But seriously, it's beautiful. His other cover, "Amazed" is just as incredible. On the other side of the song spectrum is "Scared." Unlike the title, it's happy and uplifting. Both the song and its lyrics are exceedingly adorable. Don't believe me? Read this. Try not to love it [and him for writing it].
"So maybe i could make you need me; maybe we’ll just have to find out. Don’t hate me for the way i’m feeling; you know i know we know i’m feeling so scared, you know it"
Oh, you couldn't bring yourself to not love it? I so called that. If you love music by The Rocket Summer [ also a "one-person-with-a-band-name" ], then I'm sure you'll absolutely adore Goot like I do. Go check out his MySpace, and the page just for his covers.



CONCERT UPDATE:
Oct 25: A Cursive Memory, A Rocket To The Moon, Mercy Mercedes
Nov 8: HelloGoodbye, Never Shout Never, Ace Enders, PlayRadioPlay!


Can't Wait.


No comments: