Monday, July 23, 2012

Vans Warped Tour 2012

>> The Vans Warped Tour is typically the highlight of the summer for kids across the nation.  It's often referred to as a punk rock summer camp, and for good reason.  Like a circus, the event comes into town for just a little while, and in that time attendees experience so much.  There are games, contests, meet and greets, and of course, the actual performances from musicians of all genres.  This event is wild and crazy every year, but there was something extra special about it this year.  I got to experience that extra something on July 21st in Uniondale, NY.


>> In addition to being able to see some of my favorite bands perform, I was also able to do a number of interviews throughout the day.  I talked to Joe from Transit, Cherri Bomb, Buddy from Senses Fail, and more. I even interviewed A Loss For Words in front of a cop car.  It was great to get their perspectives on the craziness that is Warped Tour and to hear what they have planned for after the tour ends.  I'll post all 8 of my interviews here as they are uploaded. You can watch these interviews on the playlist below.

No comments: