Wednesday, September 1, 2010

RIP My Favorite Highway

>> Earlier today, My Favorite Highway announced that the band is breaking up after being together for 6 years. You can read their message below.



It was almost six years ago that Will and I started the band that has now become My Favorite Highway. It completely blows me away that we have been a band for that long. The past six years have been an amazing journey for everyone that has been a part of the My Favorite Highway family. We have had the pleasure of meeting so many inspiring people over the years, including our incredible fans and the bands we’ve toured with, who we are proud to call our friends. There are countless memories we have shared with each and every one of you that we will never forget. I feel that when artists release a statement that they’re disbanding they tend to sound as if they’re writing an obituary, well we’re not going to do that. Pat, Will and myself have been doing a little bit of soul searching this year and we all mutually agree that the My Favorite Highway chapter of our lives is coming to a close. This band has been the most important part of who we are for over half a decade, but we all feel that the time has come for us to move on. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you to everyone who has ever believed in us and supported My Favorite Highway. A band is not the members performing on the stage, it’s a story, and everyone who has ever sung a line from one of our songs is a part of this story and is a part of this band. People come and go, stories last forever. We will be playing our final farewell shows in our hometown, Vienna, Virginia, in December. These will be our last performances under the banner of My Favorite Highway. We will also be releasing a live acoustic record of some of the performances from our Storytellers Tour very shortly. As for the three of us, we will continue to make music together and we are very excited for what the future holds. Thank you all for being a part of our story.
David, Will, and Pat

No comments: