Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Interview: Christopher John

>> I've been friends with Chris for over a year now. In that time, I've gone to a bunch of his shows, and I've been able to see him perform with a different band every time. Each band, or "project" as he calls them, has been a little different than the last. Most recently, I saw Chris performing as Christopher John, a side project he's had for a few years now. He's got big things in the works, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what he does next.

Introduce yourself.
My names Christopher John, but you can call me Chris. I’m a 19year old singer/songwriter from Queens, NY.

When did you officially start playing shows as Christopher John?
I’ve been playing shows as Christopher John for 5 or 6 years now, but it has always been a side project. A lot of the fans of the various bands I was in picked up on that, but now this is my main endeavor. So come through, it’s still me.

How have your experiences in other bands helped you with this project?
I regret nothing and learn from everything. Everything happens for a reason. Every second you spend in a band you learn things. Above all the networking with musicians and promoters, learning the right way to get recordings together, and the best things to do at a live show, my past bands have let me gather up a solid crew of friends rather than fans on Long Island.

Aside from the fact that it's under your name, what sets this project apart from the others you've worked on in the past?
This project has elements of all my past experiences. So listen close and hear Table 21, Pretty Boy Beatdown, and Stick To The Plan. Among plenty of other LI and out-of-state influences.

Do you have any shows coming up?
On the drawing board, yes some really cool ones actually, are they confirmed and in place, no not yet.

Who would you love to tour with in the future?
Definitely Lil’ Wayne, A Rocket to the Moon, or Taylor Swift. (she’s bangin.)
*Side note- Chris, you're welcome for the Rocket obsession :)

For those who know of your various other bands, or who have never heard your music at all- What would you say to make them listen to your new songs?
Damn, if I knew the right thing to say do you think I’d have to say it? I would have to say that give it a listen just once and I’ll bet you will have it stuck in your head, and if not come down to the live shows. (I sort of love to party♥).

What are some goals you'd like to accomplish with your music?
Honestly. I do this because I love this. And second to that I love the faces of the kids who come out to the shows and shout the things I write, in my boxers at 3am, back at me.

What are your plans for the rest of 2010? For the future in general?
I am currently getting ready to record a brand new 5 song EP sometime in the next 4 months. When its all together, you can expect a CD release party like LI has yet to experience. Pure party.


Bonus Round:

Favorite:
Social networking site? Facebook
Song to play live? At the moment its “I know who my friends are”
TV Show? South Park or Tosh.0
Thing to do on a Friday night? Work as a waiter at my brother’s restaurant

This or that:
Electric or Acoustic? Kidding me? Acoustic all the way
Hamburgers or Hotdogs? Is that a sexual question…
Aim or Twitter? Aim
Physical Copies or Digital Downloads? Digital Downloads, and spread it like wildfire. I condone the illegal download of my current music as long as you tell everyone you know.

Behind The Scenes:
If you could have any superpower, which would you choose? Patience. That’s a superpower right?
What are some of your biggest pet peeves? Stepping on a lego with bare feet. Ouch.
Do you consider Pluto a planet? No, he’s a dog from that cartoon on boomerang.
If you could have a life-time supply of any food, what would you want? Coco-puffs. They are DELICIOUS. Make it happen Kelloggs!!


Get Connected with Christopher John:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I KNOW WHO MY FRIENDS ARE, WHOA. Chris is one of them. Lmao. Hooray for Chris. Get famous. I dare you.