Sunday, June 15, 2008

Seen It Live: Bamboozle - 5/3/08


>> So last month a friend & I went to the Bamboozle Festival in New Jersey. I don't have a lot of time right now, so I'll just cover the best performances I saw starting with Ludo, even though they performed later in the day. I'd just started finding their music, and when I heard they'd be there I was psyched. They were at a smaller stage, so I was able to get up close & personal during their set. They played songs like their hit "Love Me Dead", "Lake Pontchartrain", and "Drunken Lament" off their newest CD You're Awful, I Love You. I actually bought that cd after their performance, and had them all sign it. I talked to them for about half an hour, and they're really awesome to be around. They're down to earth & we have the same sense of humor. [Oh, and Andrew, the lead singer, gives really good hugs :) ] They're amazing musically and they don't take themselves too seriously, which only adds to the appeal. Check out their site: www.ludorock.com :]

>>I also got to see Metro Station there, too. They were at a bigger stage, but I still got up pretty close. They performed songs like "Shake It", "Kelsey", and "Disco". For those of you who only know "Shake It" because it's getting crazy radio play, I highly suggest you check out some of their other stuff as well because they have a good rhythm. They got the audience into their performance as much as possible, and they were really enjoyable to watch. Honestly, they're better live.

*>>Unfortunately, that's all I have time to say right now, but I'll finish up the Bamboozle reviews eventually. :]

No comments: