Friday, December 18, 2009

A Look Back: The Shows of 2009

>As cliche as this may be, this past year seems worth taking the time to reflect on. But I'm not going to be the only one looking back.This post is dedicated to reliving the shows and tours of 2009. I've done a bunch of concert reviews throughout the year on shows I've attended.
Here are some of the highlights:

>> I'm pretty sure the first show I attended in 2009 was The Bamboozle Roadshow on April 30th. It was the last show on the tour before the actual Bamboozle Festival that weekend in New Jersey. I saw We The Kings, Forever The Sickest Kids, Mercy Mercedes, The Cab, and NeverShoutNever.

>>W A R P E D ! 0 9 - I attended on July 18th in Uniondale, and I loved every minute of it. I met & hung out with more bands than I saw play, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I saw Kelsey and The Chaos, Anarbor, Lights, The Maine, Escape The Fate, and many more. It was a long & eventful day, but it was a day I'd waited 4 years to experience. Click here for my detailed review. [Pics]

>> 3 days later, I got to see one of my favorites, A Rocket To The Moon, for the third time. I attended the What Happens in Vegas Tour featuring Rocket, The Cab, The Summer Set, My Favorite Highway, & Eye Alaska on July 21st. For me, that show was mostly about seeing a band I hadn't seen in 9 months (along with their merch guy/bestfriend :D), hanging out with friends, hearing some bands live for the first time, and just the overall thrill of being at a show in my favorite venue. [Picturesss]

>> TBS Week 09: I was fortunate enough to see my second all time favorite band live not just once, but twice in a matter of 4 days this past August. I saw Taking Back Sunday first with Blink 182 & Weezer on August 25th, then again on the 28th when they headlined a show with Envy On The Coast and Underoath. The shows were pretty different as a whole, but both were just as amazing.
>The show on the 25th at the Nikon Theater at Jones Beach was sold out, which was to be expected since it was Blink's reunion tour. Chester French played before & as doors opened, so I missed their set. I also missed TBS's first song because they played right after. (No worries though, I made up for it a few days later<3) New Again. I just wish it was longer :) I had expected Weezer to be the one band I wouldn't really focus on since I don't know as much by them. I couldn't really understand why everyone went crazy when they came on stage, never acknowledging how big they were. I was blown away- they put on a hell of a good show, and the matching outfits just made it more fun. PS, I got videos of "Pork and Beans" and "Beverly Hills." After they finished, it was time for Blink. I told myself I was going mainly to see TBS, but I got chills as soon as Blink hit the stage. They played songs you'd expect like "The Rock Show" and "First Date", but also ones I'd been hoping for like "Anthem Pt 2", "Feeling This", and "Always." Overall, it was an incredible night. [Pics]
>Night 2 of my TBS Week happened on August 28th at the new general admission Bay Stage at Jones Beach. This show both renewed and intensified my love for Underoath & Envy On The Coast. Some of the people I was with said this wasn't Envy's best show, but to me, someone who hadn't seen them live beforehand, they were great. The crowd was awesome, everyone was stoked to be apart of this show. That includes the bands, 2 of which call Long Island home.

>>9/2/09 - I SAW THE USED at Looney Tunes on Long Island.
Click here for the full review :)

>>I went to the Back To School Brodown at The Broadway Bar on September 12th. Bands who played that night include Patent Pending, Kelsey and The Chaos, Pull The Pin, The Reserve, Table 21, and more. Here's my detailed review !

>>I attended the Cheap Date Tour on 11/11, just a sign of the awesomeness that was to take place. When I went, the line-up included Forever The Sickest Kids, Kelsey and The Chaos, The Rocket Summer, Sing It Loud, My Favorite Highway, and Down With Webster. Check out my full review here. [Picturesss]



>Now it's your turn. In the comments, let me know which shows/tours you attended this past year. Talk about the best shows, the worst, and every one in between. Also, feel free to include your dream tour- bands you would love to see play together in the future. I feel like I don't ask for your opinions enough as readers and show-goers. Here's one way I plan on changing that.
Can't wait to hear from you guys.
xoxox

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

you went to so many awesome shows!!! lets hope 2010 is the same for u !!! i so wanna see The Maine and The Cab!!!!!! Bamboozle and Warped Tour are on my list for this year.