Sunday, March 1, 2009

Lyrical Lies: Take a Guess

Let's see how well this works.

>>You might recognize this from Facebook, but what the hell. I'm making it into a post.

Step 1: Put your iTunes or equivalent on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first [25] songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 3: Strikeout the songs when someone guesses correctly.

>Knowing me, I might bump it up to 50 just because I'm that kind of person. Sound good? Let's see how well you guys know my music. Please participate, because this could be pretty fun, and it could show me what bands you guys are more familiar with. So when I post it, you'll play along. DEAL? [No cheating please. Thankyaa.]

  1. Lets turn this up a little bit louder, yeah yeah . Keep singing along as the night gets longer.
  2. The way it started, I had no doubt- Your lips were soft and I was down.
  3. Before I could ever let you go, Gonna beg until I drive you mad. Say something you could understand, I'm a statue, baby, knock me out.
  4. You have a jump in your step, but a rip in your- a rip in your rep. & Everybody knows it
  5. They call it KFC because it's not really chicken, hot cheetos for breakfast...
  6. Lately I'm alright, and lately I'm not scared. I figured out that what you do to me feels like I'm floating on air.
  7. Well if you wanted honesty, that's all you had to say.
  8. It's getting late, your eyes are closing & mine are wide awake.
  9. Not open, throw a simple gesture, catch them while they're listening.
  10. Watching your lips move together, nothing's making sense- Talk to me, talk to me.
  11. Time to lay claim to the evidence, fingerprints sold me out but our footprints wash away from the docks down town...
  12. I'm wide awake and so alive, ringing like a bell.
  13. All these daggers and these swords can't cut me like the words from your lips.
  14. There's someone inside me that softly kills everyone around. They don't know they're dead to me because intent never makes a sound.
  15. 12th and Hyde on a Sunday, feeling like we're gold. And we're nothing short of invincible.
  16. You look away, you're speaking with your back turned. Summer's gone and it left me with a sunburn.
  17. Say a prayer, the summer nights are dead. Fall is coming; We were careless hearts that got caught up in this.
  18. Summer's coming too fast, winter's been here too long. If we keep wasting our days, pretty soon they'll be gone.
  19. My heart is on my sleeve, wear it like a bruise a black eye; My badge, my witness.
  20. Girl, you remind me of summertime. But now you need time to clear your mind.
  21. No one is harder on me than myself, or so it seems. Some say that you are my curse, my own worst enemy. I think they're wrong.
  22. If you knew, what you do, when no one's in the dark room but me and you, a dark disguise..
  23. So I've stayed up for the past few nights, and over time I've realized that after all of the time that I gave and I gave it never kept you awake...
  24. Take a while and take a breath, let yourself down slow.
  25. I'll leave you behind, it's not the first time that we've been through this, it happens every time.
  26. I swear that you don't have to go, I thought we could wait for the fireworks. I thought we could wait for the snow to wash over Georgia and kill the hurt.


I'll be back in a few hours with more lyrics..
Work with these for now.
GOOD LUCK.


Actually, I'll add more if someone starts guessing these.

No comments: