Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Interview: Set In Color

>> Considering the fact that they're from Long Island just like me, Set In Color is a band that I've known for a while. I've seen them live quite a few times, and I run in to them at a lot of the shows I go to. It's always good to see them, whether they're playing their hearts out on stage or just hanging out with friends and fans. The guys answered a couple of questions for me back in May*. I had something else in mind when I asked them initially, but I realized that I might as well post the answers. Better late than never, right?
*Just remember that these questions were answered a few months ago, especially when the guys start talking about time frames like they do for the first two questions.


Who are some of your biggest influences?

Trey Ewald- Third Eye Blind, All Time Low, Boys Like Girls, Parachute, Hanson, the list goes on and on, we're influenced by everything.

Topher Mayer- I'm interested in all genres of music and I feel like I get a little something from everywhere.

Anthony Purpura- A lot of them are people from other bands and fans.

Chris Capuano- All Time Low, Mayday Parade, and We The Kings just to name a few.


How long has the band been together?

Trey- The band has been together for about a year and a half, but we've been playing with our current line-up for about five months.

Topher- I've been apart of Set in Color for a little over 6 months. The rest of the guys have been together much longer.


Do you get compared to other bands a lot? If so, who?

Topher- I've heard people say anywhere from All Time Low to The Jonas Brothers.

Anthony- Jonas brothers? Stereo Skyline? Haha I don't really know.

Chris- Occasionally we'll hear the Jonas Brothers which isn't such a bad thing.


What do you think makes you stand out from other artists?

Trey- A lot of bands in our scene write seemingly fake music, and when we write we try to keep it as honest as possible and write about personal experiences that our listeners can relate to.

Topher- I believe we have a different feel to our music then what is out right now. Were trying to break out and be as original and unique as we can.

Anthony- Our singer has a very unique voice.

Chris- The simple fact that we try to play poppy genuine heart-felt music that pleases many different people. We really love what we do and have a lot of passion in what we do.


What do you consider your biggest accomplishment so far as a band?

Trey- Some of our craziest shows were our home date of last year's Warped Tour and playing Six Flags Over Georgia with Mitchel Musso and Everlife. Those are two days we'll never forget.

Topher- To be at the point we are right now I consider very special, even though we are still very new as a band.

Anthony- Playing music that people enjoy.

Chris- Playing Warped Tour, and Lollapallooza.


What goals do you wish to accomplish in the future?

Trey- We just want to get our music to as many people who are willing to listen.

Topher- Hit the road full-time and release some new songs.

Anthony- Get a recording contract and tour the world.

Chris- Play Bamboozle and go on a National tour.



>> The guys in Set In Color have been working hard since they answered these questions for me back in May. They posted this video update in June showing what they'd been doing at the time- playing shows and having fun with it. Starting on September 7th, they'll be in the studio working on a brand new EP. They recently blogged about that, and how stoked they are on their MySpace. I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait to hear what Set In Color comes out with next :)



Get Connected with Set In Color:
www.setincolor.com
twitter.com/setincolor
facebook.com/setincolor
setincolor.tumblr.com


No comments: