Saturday, September 20, 2008

Name Dropping 101 ; The Donnas, A Rocket To The Moon, and more


>>A Rocket To The Moon is killer. "Not A Second To Waste" & "Dakota" are so addicting, I love it. If you don't become nearly as obsessed as I am, there's seriously something wrong with you.

>>Another person I've mentioned but never really discussed is Christofer Drew, aka Nevershoutnever! He's probably got the most consistently adorable songs in the world. [*Mild exaggeration only] "Bigcitydreams" is so cute. It's the kind of song that makes you want to sway back and forth in rhythm to the music with a huge, dopey grin on your face .. Not that I've done that, or anything... His demo "Yourbiggestfan" has the same affect; as do pretty much all of his songs. None the less, "Ybf" might be my new favorite song my him. Very close call, though. If you're in the mood to smile, or need a good cheering up, go check him out. You'll feel better really soon after.

>>The Donnas just uploaded their cover of "Dancing With Myself". I think it's pretty good, although I'll always be a bigger fan of Mr. Billy Idol himself :] Yeah, I'm an eighties freak. Don't judge. Speaking of Billy Idol covers, The Murder Dolls covered "White Wedding". I very much prefer the original, simply because they added a Marilyn Manson twist to it, plus way too much screaming for me to truly appreciate; and because nobody does Billy Idol like Billy Idol. The music is good, though. You can check out their video here, and the original here [ both on YouTube] if you're interested.

>>Also, check out "You Found Me" by, yes, Kelly Clarkson. It's a pretty good song. But listen to "Starstrukk" and "Don't Trust Me" by 3oh!3 first, because they're wayy better. & because I'm addicted to them :]

>>By the way, that lack of focus thing I'd mentioned before? Clearly still in effect.


No comments: