Saturday, January 31, 2009

Free Music ; The Sounds of Summer Sampler, Vol 2

I'm not exactly sure how it happened,
But I'm quite glad it did.

>>You're probably wondering what the hell I'm talking about. Well, I'm not sure how, but 2 days ago I came upon this website, and it made my day. It has a list of songs, a fancy title, and a big, flashing 'DOWNLOAD' button at the bottom. Intrigued? I know I was. I knew some of the songs already, but I was unfamiliar with most of them. It's a really great bunch of songs, and for free?! Count me in. I'll list the songs, and you decide whether or not to download them here.

The Sounds of Summer Sampler, Vol. 2
  1. Bada Bing! Wit a Pipe! - Four Year Strong
  2. Livin' Th' Dream - You, Me, And Everyone We Know
  3. Backslide - The Thief
  4. Sleep, Everyone - Powerspace
  5. Home Is A Heartache - Honor Bright
  6. In Bambi's Eyes - The High Court
  7. Waiting - There For Tomorrow
  8. Rock, Shock & Load - Thee Armada
  9. Medicated - National Product
  10. Palm Trees - Sexy Is My Middle Name
  11. Rested Eyes Tell No Lies - 2*Sweet
  12. Never Enough - Holiday Parade
  13. Parker - Automatic Loveletter
  14. North By Northwest - Robot Love Story
  15. A Certain Kind of Touch - Breathe Electric
  16. Roll Right Over - Eye Alaska
  17. Clouds - The Morning Light
  18. Annie Taylor - The Lives of Famous Men
  19. Level of Doubt - VitalLight
  20. Where Were You? - Every Avenue

>>After that discovery, I figured I'd look for some more new music. I found Boys Will Be Boys via MySpace, and I'm really feeling their sound. "Make This Count remix" actually sort of reminds me of Forever The Sickest Kids (sound wise, and because they reference someone named 'Haley'. Coincidence?), which is kind of a big deal in my book. The song has an acoustic flare enhanced by killer vocals & an awesome beat that makes you want to listen to it all the time. "That's Whats Up" is a great song; It's really upbeat and just fun overall. Now that I'm hearing all of their songs, the band really does sound similar to FTSK (Can you tell they're on my mind?!). Based on the music, and the name, the guys seem like they'd be really fun to hang out with. If you're anywhere near here, unlike myself :[, you can see then at the Jammin Java in Vienna, VA on February 13 & 14. Check their MySpace page for more info. By the way, the band is from Virginia, and their 'headline' on MySpace reads "7OH!3" <3333 style="font-weight: bold;">3OH!3, so I really do appreciate that. Remind me to talk to these boys one day soon. Go look 'em up!

>>Shutup And Dance; More than just a command, it's also a band! (And yes, I hate how that rhymed.) I just put on the first song on their music player, "J E A L O U S", and I seriously got chills when it hit the chorus. It shouldn't be all that surprising seeing how fond I am of mixed vocals (a girl&guy whose voices really sounfd great together.) "Let This Be A Lesson" is pretty great too, having an almost techno undertone I'm fairly crazy about. "I Am Free" is mad chill, and it's a great complement to how I'm feeling right now.

>>I've lost my sense of focus. Surprise, surprise. But remember that 'fan page' I mentioned making on Facebook? Well, I've got 20 fans .. and I think that's pretty damn pathetic. If you have an account, and who doesn't these days?, click here & become a fan. I have a bunch of stuff that I haven't figured out to fit on here, like picture albums, concert info, & videos galore. Check that out, and I'll seriously love you forever. Thanks a bunch...

No comments: