Sunday, January 4, 2009

Name Dropping 101 ; CiWWAF & Jonathan Clay



>>I've been on a major Cute Is What We Aim For - kick for a few days now, and it's been great. I bought Rotation on iTunes and I've been listening to every song from that as well as my favorites from The Same Old Blood Rush With A New Touch. I quoted "Newport Living" fer the post title because I'm obsessed with that song in particular. To further prove that point, I used that song to make a Genius playlist on iTunes that I'm listening to right now, and let me tell you, it's called Genius for a reason. It makes a list of a certain amount of songs (25, 50, etc) that will sound good with the one main song you choose as a base. It's a great thing to have, and I'll admit I abuse it. So what? It's worth it. Anyway, I've been absolutely in love with Blood Rush since it came out [in 2006, I believe], so I was really psyched when I got my hands on Cute's new stuff. I was really surprised at how differently Rotation sounded, to the fact that I almost thought there was a new singer.. and I almost had a panic attack. It's still Shaant, thank god, but his vocals shine through in a way that hadn't been embraced on the first album. It's almost like he doesn't go as all-out on each song this time around, which bothered me at first. If you're as big of a fan of their older stuff as I am, the new album will probably sound strange when you first hear it. But definitely give it a shot, because once you're accustomed to it, you'll absolutely love the sound. Song wise, I'm really feeling "Time", "Doctor", "Practice Makes Perfect", "Miss Sobriety", and "Do What You Do". "Time" is the last track on the album, and I think it's a perfect way to wrap it up. Although it's quite a different sound, it's still Cute Is What We Aim For, which means it's still amazing. Check out the album review on AbsolutePunk.net because I like & agree with most of what they're saying, and because I want to be able to write like that one day. Your opinion? [By the way, Rotation came out in June of '08, so it's not like it JUST happened.. I guess I've fallen a bit behind? I'll work on it!]

>>Jonathan Clay is amazing. His music is absolutely breathtaking, and it's for free. The entire album! I took advantage of this weeks ago, but he just posted it in a way that I can put on here for all of you. Just click 'Download Album For Free' at the bottom, and embrace the gloriousness that is Jonathan Clay.

No comments: